Back in August 2022, we started work with a refugee charity to develop some training to help their communications and events team make the most of their time.
What was their problem?
The team, as many communications teams are, were regularly finding themselves more reactive than they wanted to be. Which was leading to all of them feeling overwhelmed, and struggling to meet longer term deadlines easily. We wanted to:
- Inspire the team with ideas and tips to help them take back control of their working day
- Excite them with productivity techniques to help them make the most of their time
- Explore habits and collaboration methods that really make a difference
So that they could all explore the ways in which they work best, identify any bad habits, and start to plan in time for deep work.
We developed a 2 hour session for the team to explore these themes. Delivered as an in person session (and provided sticky stars and treats) at the start of a strategy day.
“Really enjoyed the workshop and learned a lot from the session…It was really engaging and the time flew by, and already it’s pushed us to rethink how we collaborate on tasks. Great to have some new tools to refer back to too. Thanks!”
After a few weeks, we brought the team together for a final planning session. This was designed to help them agree on their ways of working.
- How do they start projects with other teams in the organisation in a way that helps them prioritise?
- When and when won’t they be looking at emails?
- Will they set team rituals to help keep each other accountable?
- What agreed response time will they give to internal and external requests?
- When will the question the need for a meeting and suggest a different way to work together?
How much did it cost them?
The cost paid included design of a new 2 hour workshop session, a follow up session to help the team draft a ‘ways that we work’ statement, travel, and a night in a hotel (we had quite a way to travel for this one!).
- Design and delivery of a 2 hour in person session £750
- Follow up 90 minute online session with the team £500
What’s the impact of this investment?
The workshop is now available for other charities to book for their team online from £400 for a team of 20 (just £20 pp) and as a pay what you can session too.
Explore other ways that we’ve responded to bespoke needs 👇
Back in August 2022, following the launch of our Digital Strategy series with SCVO, we started work with a refugee charity to develop some training to help their communications and events team make the most of their time.